Ismaila Sarr's attempts to leave Crystal Palace for Galatasaray have reportedly intensified, with the forward expected to miss Saturday's Premier League opener against Everton.
The 28-year-old wants to join the Turkish champions and is now pushing internally for Palace to allow him to leave Selhurst Park.
According to Foot Mercato, the situation has developed into a “standoff” between Sarr and Crystal Palace after the Eagles rejected Galatasaray's opening proposal.
Sarr expected to miss Everton match
Sarr is reportedly not expected to travel with the Crystal Palace squad for their opening Premier League fixture at Everton.
His potential absence is particularly significant following reports that he had not trained with Palace during the previous two days.
Foot Mercato claims Sarr is actively pushing for a transfer and has made his preference for Galatasaray clear.
There has been no suggestion that Palace have changed their stance yet. The Eagles consider Sarr an important part of Pierre Sage's squad and do not want to sanction his departure easily.
However, the player's position is now putting increasing pressure on the club.
Galatasaray agreement getting closer
Galatasaray have already made an initial attempt to sign Sarr, but their proposal was rejected by Palace.
Despite that setback, the Turkish club have continued working on the transfer.
Sarr is now said to be moving closer to reaching an agreement with Galatasaray over personal terms, potentially removing another obstacle to the move.
The major issue remains an agreement between the two clubs.
Palace have so far resisted Galatasaray's approach, while Sarr appears increasingly determined to leave.
Sage's comments under scrutiny
The latest development also comes shortly after Sage publicly insisted that Sarr would remain at Crystal Palace.
“We will keep him,” Sage said earlier this week, describing the Senegal international as a “really important player” and suggesting he would be available against Everton.
Reports from France and Türkiye have subsequently painted a very different picture.
Journalist Njabil Djellit questioned Sage's comments before reports emerged that Sarr had missed training. His expected absence against Everton now adds further uncertainty.
Unless the situation changes before kick-off, Palace could begin their Premier League campaign without one of their key attacking players while his future remains unresolved.
Key Points
- Ismaila Sarr is reportedly pushing to join Galatasaray.
- Crystal Palace have already rejected an opening offer from the Turkish club.
- Sarr is expected to miss the Premier League opener against Everton.
- Personal terms with Galatasaray are reportedly moving closer to an agreement.
What's Next?
Galatasaray still need to convince Crystal Palace to sell, but Sarr's determination to leave could increase the pressure during the final days of the transfer window. Palace must now decide whether to maintain their stance or negotiate a deal.
Should Crystal Palace let Ismaila Sarr leave if he is determined to join Galatasaray?
0 Comments
First read message
Leave a comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *